- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (bottom torch).
- Mix coconut, semolina, milk powder, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk and oil to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 20*28* 3 cm. baking pan, Spread the filling over the mixture carefully and level the surface. Pour the remaining mixture over the filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Place the baking pan on the top rack and turn on the top torch until golden brown.
- Remove the Basbousa from the oven and set aside to cool.
Cream Filling Directions:
- Mix all ingredients until consistent and set aside.
Saffron Sauce Directions:
- In a saucepan, cook all Saffron Sauce ingredients and simmer until combined, set aside to cool.
- Cut Basbousa into squares.
- Garnish with vanilla ice cream, saffron sauce then top it with chocolate or cinnamon biscuits as desired.